Work Permit and Visa Applications

Sorting the paperwork


a basket of applicationsEmployment Permits

All non-EEA national must have an employment permit in order to work in Ireland, with the exception of EEA and national of Switzerland. The Employment Permits (Amendment ) Act 2014 is the most recent legislation dealing with employment permits in Ireland. It lists nine different types of employment permit:
1. Critical Skills Permit
2. Dependent/Partner/Spouse Employment Permit
3. Intra- Company Transfer Employment Permit
4. General Employment Permit
5. Contract for Services Employment Permit
6. Reactivation Employment Permit
7. Internship Employment Permit
8. Sport & Cultural Employment Permit
9. Exchange Agreement Employment Permit
The Act also introduced protection for the worker who is unable to obtain a work permit after taking all reasonable steps to obtain one. That worker can now sue their employer for work done and/or services rendered.



As an Employer where can I get help and advice in relation to applying for work permits ?

At Employment Rights Advice, we can process the applications on your behalf. Sending in a fully completed application for is the key to an early decision. We can take the hassle out of the process, allowing you to focus on helping your new workers become productive and happy members of your workforce.

How can I contact you?

You can contact us using the orange Tell Me More button below and we will call you at a time that is convenient, to discuss your needs.




 Spread the knowledge. If you found this article useful, please like and share using any of the social buttons below.


Image courtesy  Gilad Raphaelli      cc.15


video consultations

secure payment checkout by stripe and paypalmoney back30day 100

More Articles for the Employer

Keep up to date

Get all the latest information on employment law. Sign up for our newsletter. We hate spam and will not share your details.
Go to top